Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want

I spent eleven days in the Sinai desert. I climbed Mount Sinai by starlight with a young shepherd guiding me. In the desert, there are flies everywhere. Big flies! The sheep are plagued by the flies that get in their noses. The sheep butt their heads against trees, rocks, and posts to try to keep the flies from bothering them.

“Why all the erosion?” I asked the little shepherd as we were climbing Sinai. “Sheep have traveled this way and made ruts and gullies. They also dig at the roots of the vegetation, killing it, and the sheep are starving now. This happened because shepherds were lazy and the sheep had no direction. The shepherds must keep the sheep moving to prevent this from happening,” he responded.

He revealed his fly solution. “I dip my sheep in olive oil, sulfur, and spices and don’t have a problem with the flies.” Satan is called “Beelzebub,” lord of the flies.

When we surrender to the Lord, all rivalry goes…all selfishness goes…all stubbornness goes. We can say, “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Ps. 23:1, KJV)

Join me and hundreds of others in praying for peace of Jerusalem. That God will always be their good Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment