Sunday, February 12, 2012

The King of Nineveh

One day my heavenly orders came to go to Iraq. I went and preached there also. My last sermon, held in a muddy field, was on Jonah and Nineveh. I spoke to several hundred people, but only one old man came forward to receive Christ. I was disappointed. I had hoped that at least thirty or forty would come forward. When I saw the man’s tears and joy, I rejoiced with him.

My interpreter was bouncing with excitement. I couldn’t understand. He kept saying, “Can you believe it? Can you believe it?”

“Believe what?” I asked.

“You don’t know what happened, do you?”

“Yes I do. He found the Lord.”

“No, I mean yes, but that’s not what I’m so excited about. This sheik is Kurdish. He rules over sixteen provinces and his capital city of Nineveh. Yes, you just led the king of Nineveh to Christ. He has invited you to come to Nineveh and share Christ. They will repent also.”

I was bone tired, but thrilled to see the plans of God, and I felt fulfilled.


***

World Destiny Meets in Jerusalem. Be a part of prophecy! Join the Jerusalem Prayer Team .

No comments:

Post a Comment