Thursday, August 9, 2012

Will You Help Feed the Poor of the House of Israel Today?



My Scripture for you today: “Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto Thy holy name, and to triumph in Thy praise” (Psalm 106:47).

Dear Jerusalem Prayer Team Member,

Will you help feed the poor of the House of Israel today?

As you read these words today, almost one of every three Israeli children is living below the poverty line. Many of them do not have enough food to eat every day. The government is overwhelmed by the scope of the need and does not have the resources to provide for these precious little ones.  It breaks my heart because I know what it’s like to go to bed hungry and wish that someone cared. I remember looking in dumpsters for food and being terrified of coming across a rat. No child should have to live that way. And there is something we can do about it! With your help the Jerusalem Prayer Team can provide food and other basic life needs to the poor of the house of Israel.

Many years ago I met Reuven Hecht, the senior advisor to Prime Minister Menachem Begin. As we talked, I accidently called him Jacob. I immediately apologized, telling him it was because of jet lag…but he looked into my eyes and said, “My father called me Jacob on his death bed. He told me I was to feed the poor of Israel.” Ever since that day I have had a vision for helping these most needy of God’s Chosen People.

Will you show your love for God by helping these little ones today? Your support will help the Jerusalem Prayer Team show a testimony of salt and light to the Jewish people in this hour of great need. To help today, go here: http://jerusalemprayerteam.org/email/2012/0809-2.htm

Your support of the Jerusalem Prayer Team is vital as we work to gather believers from around the world to join us in prayer for the peace of Jerusalem and the protection of Israel…and as we work to meet the urgent needs of the poor of Israel. The Bible promises that when we give to the poor we are lending to the Lord—a debt that He will certainly repay. Please be as generous as you can when you give today.

Barukh atah Adonai eloheinu melekh ha-olam, ozier Yisrael bigvurah.
Blessed art thou, Lord our God, King of the universe, who girds Israel with might.

Your ambassador to Jerusalem,

Dr. Mike Evans

To encourage others to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, SHARE this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment