Thursday, October 27, 2011

Will War Follow The UN Vote Coming Up In Two Weeks?

With the UN Security Council vote on Palestinian statehood scheduled for two weeks from now, fears are rising in Israel about an outbreak of violence or even all-out war if the U.S. follows through on the pledge to veto the resolution. Security precautions are being increased, and extra training is being given to Israel’s military and police forces to respond to the expected increase in attacks.

The Palestinians continue to refuse to participate in peace talks, believing they will get a better deal from the UN than they could possibly negotiate with Israel. The Middle East is a powder keg right now, just waiting for someone to strike the match. My contacts in Israel are telling me they expect the spark in a matter of a few weeks. And while I hope and pray that the tragedy of war can be averted, we must plan and prepare for how we can help God’s Chosen People when and if it comes. The threat is more serious than ever, and we must stand with the Jewish people right now.


I have been in virtually every major battle fought by Israel over the past several decades. I was with the troops during the Hamas and Hezbollah war comforting my people even as missiles flew over our heads to rain down death and destruction on Jewish men, women, and children.

Israeli diplomat friends called me and begged me to leave the war zone—to get out of the line of fire. They warned me, “You could die.” I responded that I planned to die; death would be no shock to me. Until that day comes, I will do everything within my power to obey my Savior and defend my people.

I have seen firsthand that in the south of Israel great numbers of Russian Jewish refugee children do not have bomb shelters in which to seek safety. I can tell you that there will be an enormous need for food, medicine, and blankets.

In Arab countries, Jews will be hanged, shot, and blown up when the war comes. This is especially true in Iran. We must do everything in our power to “blow the trumpet in Zion.”

This is the Word of the Lord for you and me today. Can you imagine what you would do if you knew your children and grandchildren were in harm’s way and a missile would hit their home? I know you would do everything humanly possible to protect your loved ones.

God wants us to do everything humanly possible to protect His loved ones—your brothers and sisters in Israel. Will you stand with me today in support of the Jewish people?

No comments:

Post a Comment